Where are you located?
Dark Elf Dice began its adventure in Wisconsin, the birthplace of Dungeons & Dragons, GenCon, and a host of other RPG goodness. In the early summer of 2019 we relocated to the wonderful state of Idaho where we never grow tired of gazing at the gorgeous mountains. Idaho is known for its scenic beauty, but it's also home to a wonderful gaming community.
How long have you been in business?
Dark Elf Dice was founded in 2005, and this year marks our 15th anniversary. Time to party!
Where can I learn more about Dark Elf Dice?
Interested in learning more about our business and our passion for RPG dice and gaming supplies? Please visit our About page to read our story.
Is your site secure?
We take security VERY seriously, and strongly believe in a safer, more secure internet. Because of this, our entire site is protected. Every single page on our site (not just the checkout page) uses SSL encryption to ensure that no data can be intercepted as it travels over the net. You can verify that every page on our site is protected by looking for the green padlock icon in your web browser's address bar. Our site encryption is like having a 30th level protection spell, but only better.
I have a question. How can I contact you?
We'd love to hear from you! Simply visit our Contact page and ask away. Messages are checked frequently throughout the day, even on weekends and holidays.
How fast do you ship?
Faster than a 1st Level Wizard fleeing an angry Dragon with a toothache! We pride ourselves on fulfilling orders fast and getting packages sent out as quickly as possible. In most instances, orders are shipped within 24 hours.
Do you ship internationally?
Absolutely! We love our international customers, and ship most products across the globe (with the exception of game mats and certain storage cases due to postal size restrictions).
Currently, we ship to the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Who pays for international customs, taxes and duties?
Import duties, taxes, and potential government charges are not included in the item price or international shipping cost and are the buyer's responsibility. Due to the number of countries we ship to and the multitude of tax laws, there is just no way for us to determine what those charges may or may not be. If you have any questions, please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to making a purchase.
Why do you charge sales tax in my state?
Due to a major decision by the Supreme Court in 2018, online stores are now required to collect and remit sales tax from buyers in states where they have an "economic nexus" (a fancy way of saying where a store does a lot of business). Every state has its own tax collection rules. In the good old days, Dark Elf Dice only had to collect and remit sales tax from buyers in our home state. Alas, the times have changed and we must now collect sales tax from buyers in Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.
Oops. I gave you the wrong mailing address and my order has already shipped. Now what?
The Dark Elf team regrettably can't cast the Clairvoyance spell, so we rely on our customers to provide us with accurate mailing address information at the time an order is placed. Unfortunately, once we mail your package we're unable to change the address or have the package redirected to a different address.
- At this point, your best option is to contact your local post office and explain the situation. Oftentimes, the post office can hold your package for you if they know it's coming.
- If the post office sends the package back to us and you still want your order we will need to charge you again for shipping.
- If you'd rather cancel your order we can issue a refund, however the initial shipping costs you paid are non-refundable (that money had already been paid to the post office and they will not make refunds).
How long will it take to receive my order?
Excited to receive your new dice? Well, we're excited to get them to you :) We'll ship your order as quickly as possible and send you the tracking information.
US customers usually receive delivery in 2-3 business days from the time a package is mailed (Priority Mail), or in in 4-5 business days (First Class Mail).
Customers outside the US will usually receive delivery in 14-21 days.
Delivery times are based on US Postal Service estimates. Although we ship fast, we unfortunately cannot guarantee an actual delivery date.
I didn't receive a tracking number. What's up?
If you didn't receive a tracking number it usually means the shipping email we sent you was labeled as spam. You can try checking your email's spam folder for the tracking number, or contact us here. No worries though :) All shipped orders have tracking, and we'll get you that info if you ask.
The tracking number shows that my package was delivered, but I can't find it. What do I do?
Here's a helpful checklist of things to do if the tracking number shows that your package was delivered, but you can't find it:
- Don't panic.
- Check that the mailing address you gave us is correct and complete.
- Check with all family members, roommates, or anyone who has access to your mail. In many instances, someone picked up the mail, set it aside, and forgot about it.
- If you live in an apartment or if your package was delivered to a business, check the mailroom, front desk, parcel locker, or building manager/superintendent's office.
- Check with neighbors to see if they have your package by mistake.
- When all else fails, contact your local post office and explain the situation. Your post office will need the package's tracking number to start an investigation.
- If the post office cannot locate the package, and the scan shows that it was delivered, there is an unfortunate possibility that someone stole your mail. If your package is scanned as delivered, Dark Elf Dice cannot assume responsibility for mail that was either incorrectly addressed or stolen.
One of the products I'm interested in is out of stock. When is it coming back?
We receive new shipments every week, but for some products, we're waiting on manufacturers to fulfill orders. The time can vary, so you may want to contact us for an ETA if it's something you're really interested in.
Also, at the bottom of the product page you can sign up to be notified when an item is back in stock. As soon as our inventory is replenished, we'll send you an email letting you know it's available again.
What's your return policy?
Need to return something? No problem :) You can read all about our return policy here. Basically, we want you to be happy with your purchase, and you can return any unopened or unused product within 30 days for a refund (shipping charges are non-refundable).