At Dark Elf Dice, we carry Reaper Miniatures. Whether it's the company's Dark Heaven, Warlord, Pathfinder, or Chronoscope lines, Reaper offers the best selection of high quality RPG miniatures in the world.
Before your Reaper miniatures are ready for the game table though, some assembly and preparation is in order.
Follow these 6 preparation steps, and you'll be ready to paint your favorite Reaper miniatures in no time:
1) Gently straighten any bent pieces on the miniature (swords, staffs, etc.). It’s perfectly normal that some pieces are bent during the manufacturing and packaging process. If a piece is bent on your miniature it doesn’t mean that the figure is defective in any way.
2) Remove and discard any pieces of flashing attached to the miniature (the little metal bits that stick to the miniature after the figure is separated from its injection mold).
3) Gently wash the miniature with a small amount of dish soap and water to remove any oil or dust (an old toothbrush works great!). It’s important to clean the figure so that primer and paint will adhere properly.
4) If required, assemble the miniature (arms, weapons, shields, etc.). A small amount of super glue works great, but be careful! Make certain to follow the glue manufacturer’s instructions and precautions.
5) If required, mount the miniature to its plastic base. To mount the figure you may need to use milliput or another suitable epoxy putty. Again, make certain to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and precautions.
6) Once the miniature is cleaned and fully assembled it’s time to prime and paint the figure. This is the fun part! Painting miniatures is a wonderful hobby and will provide hours of creative joy.