Spelljammer Is Coming To Dungeons and Dragons 5e
Well, I'm happy to announce that the rumors are true: Spelljammer is coming to Dungeons and Dragons 5e. Currently slated for an August 2022 release, Spelljammer: Adventures In Space will allow gamers to explore the vastness of the cosmos and play in a sci-fi flavored universe.
Spelljammer: Adventures In Space
Wizards of the Coast is releasing everything a Dungeon Master needs to run campaigns in a fantastical universe in a special, 3 book boxed set. With Spelljammer: Adventures In Space players will be able to journey through the realm of Wildspace and the Astral Sea to explore the D&D multiverse. Combining magic with sci-fi elements, characters will board spelljamming ships to journey among the stars.
Spelljammer and Dungeons & Dragons 5e
Spelljammer 5e will get our hearts pumping! Here's just a few enhancements coming to Dungeons and Dragons:
- New playable races
- New spells and magic items
- Over 60 new creatures to populate the cosmos -- everything from astral elves to solar dragons
- Deck plans and rules for starfaring, spelljammer ships
- A new campaign adventure for character levels 5-8
- The Rock of Bral -- an entire asteroid city to explore and call home.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Giant D20 Magic Glitter Dice Are Rolling Large
Spelljammer Product Description
In case you're interested, here's the official Spelljammer product description from Wizards of the Coast, including everything that's included in the boxed set:
A thrilling space-based campaign for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
Home of the stars and gateway to the heavens, the Astral Plane teems with excitement and possibility. With the help of magic, spelljammers can cross the oceans of Wildspace, ply the silvery void known as the Astral Sea, and hop between worlds of the D&D multiverse.
This collection contains everything a Dungeon Master needs to run a campaign set in the starlit realms of Wildspace and the Astral Sea, as well as new options for players who want to create characters at home in this fantastic setting.
- Collection includes adventure book, setting book, book of monsters, poster map, and DM screen
- Light of Xaryxis—a 64-page hardcover adventure set in the Astral Plane for characters of levels 5–8
- The Astral Adventurer’s Guide—64-page hardcover book presenting the Astral Plane as a campaign setting, including space-based character options, spells, magic items, spacefaring rules, ships, and more
- Boo’s Astral Menagerie—a 64-page hardcover book with game statistics and descriptions for over 60 creatures found in Wildspace and the Astral Sea
- Double-sided poster map of the Rock of Bral—an asteroid-city that can serve as both an adventure location and a campaign hub
- DM Screen—four-paneled Dungeon Master’s screen designed for rollicking space adventures
For me, one of the best things about Dungeons and Dragons 5e is the multi-verse of adventure open to Dungeon Masters and players. We're not forced to build our campaigns in a single world setting based strictly on Tolkienesque fantasy tropes. We play our DnD games in the world's biggest sandbox where anything is possible. Our imagination is our only limit.
So what do you think about combining Dungeons and Dragons 5e with science fiction? Do you like the concept that Spelljammer offers, or is the idea a hard pass? Share your thoughts and opinions in the Comment section below and let your voice be heard!
Until next time fellow travelers. Perhaps we'll meet among the stars :)
Spelljammer: Adventures In Space release date: August 16, 2022
List price: $69.99 USD
On Sale Now At Dark Elf Dice!
Rolling since 2005, Dark Elf Dice is your source for the best DnD dice in the multi-verse! We offer a huge dice selection at affordable prices.
Take care of your dice and they'll take care of you! Pick an amazing dice bag to safely store and transport your dice horde.
We Know Dice
Dark Elf Dice is one of the oldest and most trusted DnD dice shops on the net. Rolling large since 2005, we're the dice experts. If you have any questions at any time give us a shout :)