Dark Elf Dice Site Redesign
It's been 8 years since we last updated the look and feel of the Dark Elf Dice website, and we thought it was time for a change :) We've been through a number of updates since we started our website all those years ago, but a few things have always remained the same:
- Huge Selection of DnD Dice. Dark Elf Dice is committed to being your DnD dice superstore! Our goal is to bring a ginormous selection of dice and accessories to our fellow gamers and collectors.
- Outstanding customer service. Being a family owned and operated business brings many advantages -- one of which is the ability to offer a level of personalized customer service that only big box retailers can dream of.
What's New At Dark Elf Dice
In general, we were happy with the website, but we're always looking to make things better. Instead of tweaking things, we opted for a complete overhaul and new site design to enhance the user experience. Here's a short list of the improvements the new site brings:
- An even cleaner, and more modern look and feel.
- Better, back-end architecture for faster load times.
- A more accurate and robust search field.
- An enhanced fly-out Wishlist to make shopping easier.
- Picture-on-picture hover to better showcase our amazing dice without having to click and go to the product listing to see more than one photo.
- Pagination in our Collections instead of continuous scrolling to make it easier to remember the products you were viewing.
- On-site, Dark Elf Dice reviews for our verified customers to leave feedback, pictures, and videos. [As some of you may remember, we used to have this functionality years ago, but we had to disable the feature due to an insane amount of SPAM bots flooding the site. We've now been able to clean things up with Judge.me. The service has brought back our old reviews, stopped the SPAM, and implemented an easy-to-use system to collect new reviews].
We're still in the process of refining things here-and-there, but what do you think? Do you like the site redesign, and do you have any suggestions for improvement? You're the reason why we love doing what we do, and Dark Elf Dice wouldn't exist without each and everyone of you. Let us know your thoughts in the Comments section below. Thank you and happy adventuring!
P.S. We're getting old :) Checkout some of the Dark Elf Dice logos we used throughout the years.
On Sale Now At Dark Elf Dice!
Rolling since 2005, Dark Elf Dice is your source for the best DnD dice in the multi-verse! We offer a huge dice selection at affordable prices.
Take care of your dice and they'll take care of you! Pick an amazing dice bag to safely store and transport your dice horde.
We Know Dice
Dark Elf Dice is one of the oldest and most trusted DnD dice shops on the net. Rolling large since 2005, we're the dice experts. If you have any questions at any time give us a shout :)
Suzy Redding said:
I love the look of the new site :) I first started buying my dnd dice from you when I was still in college. I graduated in 2013 so it’s been awhile. Love the progression of your logo! Who designed it?
Dark Elf Dice replied:
Hey Suzy, so nice to hear from you! I’m glad you like the look of the new
site. Our most recent logo (the chibi dark elf) was drawn by my daughter,
Julia. She actually drew the logo starting in 2014, and it’s crazy to see
how her art style has improved. Before that, my daughter Jackie drew the
original logos. Both of my daughters grew up to be designers and graphic
artists, and they sell anime collectibles and figures on their own website:
miokiishop.com They still help with Dark Elf Dice, but my youngest daughter
Kate and her husband Damian now work full time and are helping us to
expand. It’s great working with family :)
Speaking of logos and family, when my wife and I first started Dark Elf
Dice, it was important to me that the business be family-friendly. I didn’t
want a logo with skulls or a brooding dark elf. Nothing dark or oppressive.
Jackie was still a young girl when she drew the first logo for me, and it
helped capture the friendliness and inclusiveness I was looking for.
Thanks for letting me take a walk down memory lane, and it really is great
to hear from you!